Door Latch Repaired!

The last week has been a frustrating experience in regards to finding a way to get that part in the lock fixed. I tried the JB Weld, and it was useless. It broke immediately, with the first pull of the latch.

Yesterday, I sent an email to an instructor in the welding school at Vanouver Island University to see if there was a chance they may be able to weld it.  Today, David got back to me, and after a bit of back and forth, he said I could bring it down and see if it would be possible.

When I arrived, David was in a class, and another instructor, Lestor, assisted me. He was able to weld it, and now it’s back installed in the RV!

That is one more issue now resolved, and we just need to figure out why the engine is not starting anymore. I’m still trying to track down exactly where the fuse box is. I did find one box, but it only holds a few fuses, and not everything, so I think there is a second one somewhere.

We are still house sitting for a bit, so we have time to figure out what is going on. Hopefully I can get it all figured out asap.

Leave a Reply